Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Job Fair

Fucking bullshit. Career services are a worthless collection of individuals. I prefer the cold hard truth right up front to an (finally) honest, post job fair conversation about Plan B - after having 17 interviews and receiving NO callbacks. Not fucking one. Maybe this is a strike from the legal overlords, punishing me for my hubris walking into those interviews. I really could not have imagined that it would be almost September and I would have not ONE callback interview. I know my grades are not stellar, but a double-ivy league education, federal clerkship experience this summer, and bilingualism, and still, not enough. Not to mention, I'm a good interviewer. I'm not an overly energetic cheerleader, but I definitely have solid people skills, and can slightly adjust to my interviewer's communication style. An interviewer even told me that I was a great candidate and he was sure I'd get several callbacks, but maybe their firm was not what I was looking for. This flamboyant interviewer, from BIG CITY NY law firm, a law firm that has upped their standards in an attempt to become another Cravath, even though they have decidedly brown shoe rep, who told me that a federal judge was probably hitting on me when he said that as a woman he trusted my opinion because women are so observant ... fucking jackass. I should threaten him with suit for such effrontery.

Such disillusionment. But hey, there are worse things, and I need to keep that in mind..

No comments:

Post a Comment