Thursday, August 20, 2009

cold feet

Just moved into the new apartment, and it's just as light and airy and happy as I could have wished for. But campus is quiet and emails are arriving from professors with reading materials and I wanted to crawl back into the car and go home with my mom for the weekend. Orientation isn't until next week anyway. Just one more weekend at home. My eyes got all teary and I felt bad for making my mother feel sad to leave me here alone. The new roommate's not here yet. In the end, I figured it really wouldn't make much of a difference, whether I stay or go, and maybe better that I get acclimated to a new home... get oriented to the area. I'm going to try to walk to the law school now and hopefully some fresh air, and stop for a coffee with my summer reading... the fun stuff (Mireille Guiliano's French Women for All Seasons), and pick up some ideas for autumnal recipes. Things with apples and squash and potatoes and so on... Enjoy the free time while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment